Based on conversations with clients and trusted partners, as well as our own efforts throughout the pandemic crisis, IPM assembled a framework to help organizations actively plan for and respond to an uncertain future.
Be adaptable and embrace the uncertainty as you plan your company’s pandemic exit. Start right now, following the steps outlined below.
For complete details and additional insights, read the full article, Five Steps to Emerge from the COVID-19 Pandemic with a Dynamic Strategy.
1. ASSESS YOUR CURRENT POSITION
- Are employees safe and healthy? Is your culture intact?
- How’s business in your company, market, industry?
- Supply chain partners: hindrance or help?
2. BUILD A DYNAMIC STRATEGIC PLAN
- Plot existing projects onto the trajectories.
- Which keep you on your trajectory? Drop the rest.
- Review early and often; adjust as necessary.
3. DEFINE YOUR TRAJECTORY
- What could go wrong? What could go right?
- What’s temporary, and what’s never going to be the same?
- Define the best, worst, most likely trajectories.
4. RESOURCE YOUR TEAM
- Focus on the most impactful projects.
- Table those with long-term benefits, if necessary.
- Are employees working at home? Tweak resource models.
- Communicate urgency; empower leaders to focus on what’s critical.
- Shelve stage-gate processes for rapid execution and decision making.
- Embrace efficiencies and innovation.
Our expert consultants can help you learn how to transform your strategies into sustainable results. Contact our team about defining your organization’s trajectory, building your strategic project portfolio, ensuring rapid strategy realization, or other project needs.
Service: Strategic Realization
Industries: Life Sciences | Healthcare | Consumer Products | Industrial Products